Saturday, January 24, 2009

ONLINE ADJUNCT FACULTY TIP #13 - First day confidentiality post


I've mentioned it before - and I'm going to mention it again - always be certain to make a first-day post about confidentiality. I'm posting my standard blurb about confidential information. Furthermore, if a student posts anything with confidential information make sure to remove the entire post and privately email the student with a reminder to avoid future posts with confidential content. Why remove the entire post ?? -- if you only remove the name, there might be enough residual contextual information to still identify the person.

2 comments:

Sliverchicken said...

I am glad to see this as a priority, this is VERY important information and advice!

David Perrodin said...

While posting a thread about confidentiality seems like a no-brainer, I've only started doing it in the last 6 months. Furthermore, I judge that the majority of courses don't include any reference to the posting of confidential information. An instructor must always evolve his practice.